This document refers to The Tiny Miracles Foundation’s website, www.ttmf.org (hereafter referred to as the “Site”), and the TTMF.org Online Community, including Discussion Groups , Weekly Chat, forums, message boards and direct user-to-user messaging (hereafter collectively referred to as the “Community”).
The Tiny Miracles Foundation, Inc. (“TTMF”) is a volunteer-based organization that provides emotional support, practical assistance, supplies and information to parents of children born prematurely. TTMF does not provide medical advice or services. The contents of the Site, the Community, and/or other TTMF materials, services and offerings are provided for informational purposes only and are not intended, and should not be used, to replace the advice of healthcare professionals. All medical care, treatment, services, questions and decisions should be discussed thoroughly with your personal physician(s).
Authorized Use of the Site
- The Site and the Community are made available to you (the “User”) for your personal, non-commercial purposes only.
- By using the Community, you affirm that you are a parent, grandparent, guardian or caregiver of a child born prematurely, or that you are an adult who was born prematurely yourself.
- The Tiny Miracles Foundation (hereafter referred to as “TTMF”) urges users of www.ttmf.org(hereafter referred to as the “User” or “Users”) to choose his or her Username carefully. Usernames will be public and visible to other registered users of the Community. To protect your privacy, we recommend that you do not use your real name as your Username.
- Your Username and password are for your personal use only, and not for use by any other person. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any password you may use to access the Site and Community, and agree not to transfer your password or Username, or lend or otherwise transfer your use of or access to the Site or Community, to any third party. You are fully responsible for all interaction with the Site and Community that occurs in connection with your password or Username. You agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your password or Username or any other breach of security related to your account or the Site or Community, and to ensure that you “log off”/exit from your account with the Site or Community (if applicable) at the end of each session. We are not liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with these obligations.
- While the personal information you share as part of your registration will not be shared publicly on the Site, any information you choose to share within the Site or Community will be visible to other users of the Site and Community. TTMF advises users against posting personally identifiable information on the Site or in the Community.
- If the User has a sensitive issue that is not appropriate for a public forum or would otherwise prefer private consultation, TTMF advises the User to engage in direct user-to-user private messaging and/or discuss it privately with a Tiny Miracles Parent Mentor. Please contact the TTMF office at (203) 202-9714 or firstname.lastname@example.org to be paired with a TTMF Mentor.
Online Community Conduct
- Users are responsible for any content that he or she posts and for any and all activity that occurs under his or her Account. Users may not misrepresent themselves or assume the identity of another person.
- Users agree not to use the Site or Community for:
- Personal attacks or defamation;
- Offensive or obscene content;
- Criminal, tortious, or otherwise illegal activity;
- Harassment or aggressive behavior;
- Spam or advertising;
- Attempting to impersonate another User or any other third party;
- Collecting Usernames and/or email addresses of other Users for any purpose whatsoever; or
- Interfering with, or disrupting, the Site or Community or any other User’s use of the Site or Community.
- While TTMF makes reasonable efforts to monitor and moderate the Site and Community, it cannot always respond in a timely manner to posts made on the Site or in the Community. If you need urgent assistance from TTMF, would like private consultation, or would like to report inappropriate activity on the Site or in the Community, please contact TTMF directly at (203) 202-9714 or email@example.com. If you need medical advice or assistance, please contact your health care provider or local emergency services directly.
- Users may report inappropriate behavior to one of the Community Moderators or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- User Content does not reflect the opinions of TTMF, its directors, employees, clients, agents, advisors, mentors, moderators, volunteers, or other Users. TTMF does not endorse any User Content and takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any User Content posted, stored or uploaded by any User, or for any loss or damage thereto.
- User Content must adhere to the following requirements and CANNOT:
- contain any third-party material (including any intellectual property), including, without limitation, logos, drawings, tattoos, photographs, pictures, sculptures, paintings and other images or works of art, phrases, trademarks, trade secrets or other items (collectively, “Third Party Materials”) without the explicit prior written permission to use any such Third Party Materials;
- be sexually explicit or suggestive; graphically, gratuitously or unnecessarily violent; defamatory or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group; profane or pornographic; or contain nudity or any materially dangerous activity, or any political agenda or message;
- promote alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any political agenda or message;
- defame, misrepresent or disparage TTMF or any third party;
- advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind, without permission;
- contain any personally identifying information, such as license plate numbers, personal names, telephone numbers, e-mail addresses or street addresses;
- contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, photographs, or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead, without explicit prior written permission;
- be in violation of any law, or depict any materials or images that are in violation of any law;
- contain software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software, hardware or telecommunications equipment; or
- contain any advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or promote illegal activity and/or illegal contests, sweepstakes, gambling, including any online casino, sports books, bingo or poker, or any other form of solicitation.
Release and Indemnity
- You acknowledge and agree that you are solely responsible for your User Content and any related content uploads, posts, emails, and/or other communications disseminated in connection with your use of the Site and agree that you will not hold TTMF responsible or liable and shall release TTMF from any liability related to any User Content submitted by you or related to your use of the Site and the Community.
Opinions and Advice
- The health-related information available through the Site and Community, including but not limited to content posted by TTMF and User Content, is general in nature and is not a substitute for professional healthcare. It is provided for informational purposes only and is not intended, and should not be used, to replace the advice of healthcare professionals. You are solely responsible for your reliance on the Site, the Community, and the health-related information available through the Site and Community, and for all decisions or actions resulting from your use of the Site, the Community, and any content therein, including but not limited to any decision not to seek or refrain from seeking any diagnosis or treatment. You are solely responsible for your decision to use the services of any particular third-party provider. If you have specific healthcare needs, or for complete health information, please see a doctor or other healthcare provider.
- Opinions or advice posted on the Site or in the Community are those of the posting party and not necessarily those of TTMF, its directors, employees, clients, mentors, moderators, volunteers, agents, advisors or other Users.
- Opinions or advice posted on the Site or in the Community by TTMF moderators, mentors or volunteers are those of the posting party and are not necessarily those of TTMF, its directors, employees, clients, agents, users or other mentors, moderators or volunteers.
- Thank you for participating in TTMF’s Online Community. We welcome your feedback regarding our Community, Site, programming and services. Please leave feedback at email@example.com or 203-202-9714.